OMAHA, Nebraska – A federal judge has thrown out most of a Nebraska city’s controversial ordinance that sought to ban hiring illegal immigrants or renting property to them.
U.S. District Court Judge Laurie Smith Camp issued her ruling Monday in a lawsuit the Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund and American Civil Liberties Union filed challenging Fremont’s 2010 ordinance.
Attorney Shirley Mora James, who worked with MALDEF, says the judge effectively gutted the ordinance. The law has been on hold while the lawsuits were decided.
The Fremont ordinance was approved by voters in the eastern Nebraska city of 25,000. It would have required employers to check whether a person is permitted to work in the U.S. Anyone seeking to rent property would have had to apply for a $5 city permit.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/20/judge-rules-against-us-citys-immigration-plan/#content#ixzz1n2HKmJbf
- August 17, 2011 -- Feds Sued In San Francisco Court For Shackling Immigrant Detainees (0)
- May 20, 2011 -- The following are 18 facts which prove that illegal immigration is an absolute nightmare for the U.S. economy…. (0)
- December 20, 2010 -- Judge Tells NJ City Council to Stop Saying Prayers ( Shut these losers down ) (0)
- September 13, 2010 -- Court Rules Immigration Law Is Federal Government’s Domain ( The suit was brought by Illegals with the help of the ACLU. Lets shut them down as well they dont represent us ) (0)
- November 16, 2011 -- The OWS Legal Team (0)
- September 23, 2011 -- Boeing factory turns sour for Obama (0)
- June 30, 2011 -- Taxpayer funded beer bash for DOJ (1)
- June 2, 2011 -- Civil Liberties Groups File Lawsuit Against Georgia Immigration Law (0)
- December 29, 2010 -- Muslim woman arrested for refusing to remove headscarf sues city ( Can i go into court with a mask on? ) (1)
- December 7, 2010 -- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against Obama’s ‘Targeted Killing’ Policy
(The Atlantic Wire) (0)