Members of the Occupy Wall Street movement urinated on a cross, desecrated a church and threw Bibles at police officers in separate incidents over the weekend.
Protesters in San Francisco occupied an abandoned hotel and began attacking police – hurling bricks and Bibles at officers.
“Once they gained access [to the hotel], some of them made it to the top of the roof and they began to throw Bibles down at the officers,” San Francisco Police Dept. spokesman Carlos Manfredi told ABC News.
Several officers were injured in the attack.
In New York City, Occupy protesters allegedly urinated on a cross inside a Brooklyn church.
“An occupier peed inside the building and the pee came into contact with a cross,” wrote Rabbi Chaim Gruber in a note to the New York Post.
The Occupy Wall Street movement has a history of participants urinating and defecating in public.
The group has also been accused of desecrating West Park Presbyterian Church. The pastor ordered 60 protesters to leave the sanctuary after someone stole a bronze lid from the $12,500 baptismal font.
“It was like pissing on the 99 percent,” an angry Rev. Bob Brashear told the New York Post.
The pastor supports the Occupy movement – but is outraged over their behavior.
“Even in the 1980s when we had a lot of crack addicts etc. in the neighborhood, and even robbing people in the church, that particular religious symbol had never really been disturbed before,” the pastor told CBS News. “I tried to make it clear that I don’t believe in collective punishment but I do believe in collective accountability and responsibility.”
- October 29, 2011 -- "Occupy" Is No Tea Party (0)
- December 1, 2010 -- New road signs all across the country: Wednesday Waste? (0)
- May 12, 2012 -- Romney: Bank Of America, Occupy Protesters ‘Too Young’ To Understand Economy (0)
- January 20, 2012 -- Top Ten Union Corruption Stories of the Year (0)
- November 22, 2011 -- The Bloody Face of OWS (0)
- November 21, 2011 -- Facebook posts: 1 percent of Americans are millionaires. 47 percent of House Reps. are millionaires. 56 percent of Senators are millionaires. (0)
- November 20, 2011 -- WATCH: Fox News Host Spars With Guest Over Occupy Wall Street (0)
- November 17, 2011 -- B.A. Spending Daily (0)
- November 15, 2011 -- N.Y. Police Clear Out Zuccotti Park (0)
- November 14, 2011 -- OWS Exposed claims website targeted by hackers (Daily Caller) (0)